Upward Bound is always seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic instructors, mentors and summer counselors. For more information and to apply, please contact 305-348-1742 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by GC 331.
Applications are being accepted until all positions are filled.
Seeking qualified intructors in the following areas:
- Algebra II
- Creative Writing
- Other Courses:
- ACT prep
- Public Speaking
Qualifications for Instructors:
- Must posse's at least a bachelor's degree in area interested in teaching.
- Experience working with first generation students in an education setting preferred.
The summer residential component of the FIU Upward Bound Program is a very vital part of the program. The purpose of the summer program is to provide a well-rounded experience of what campus life is like, so the students can begin to envision themselves at college. This type of experience is essential because it provides insight into the practical everyday living of a college student. During the months of June and July the FIU Upward Bound Program seeks summer counselors to work with our high school students.
- Must have a passion to work with high school students
- Matriculating college students (juniors, seniors and graduate students) or college graduates
- Must be a team player
- May not hold outside employement
- May not take classes during the duration of the position
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a variety of settings and to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Prior experience conducting meetings, workshops presentations and event planning
- Demonstrate sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Can tutor in math up to Calculus
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Experience working with high school students
- Experience working with under-represented youth